Japanese Incense | Koh-Do | Palo de Rosa (Rosewood) | 20 Stick Box
Koh-Do* Incense – traditional high quality incense, made by Nippon Kodo, in small, affordable and attractive boxes.
The cordial woody aroma of the South America Rosewood tree, that is light and clean; unusual in a woody fragrance.
This warm woody fragrance is one of Nippon Kodo's Traditional fragrances and has been in production for many centuries.
Key Words: Elegance and Comfort
- Approx. 20 sticks per box
- Each is approx. 140mm long – just under 5.5 inches
- Burn time is approx. 30 minutes per stick
- Box features Traditional Japanese Art
- Box dimensions are approx. 170mm (L), 42mm (W) and 12mm (D)
- Also available in a large box format – see below
- Incense made by Nippon Kodo in Japan
This fragrance (Rosewood) is also available in a large box of 480 sticks – Japanese Incense Sticks | Nippon Kodo | Seiun Rosewood | Box of 480 Sticks - also stocked by Vectis Karma. See Nippon Kodo ‘Large Box’ section of the shop for more details.
* Koh-Do incense offers an ideal introduction into the world of Japanese Incense, and an ideal choice for those wanting to try new fragrances before purchasing a large box. Using Nippon Kodo incense, each Koh-Do box is ‘linked’ to a large box – varying in quantity from 220 to 480 depending on fragrance. See the Nippon Kodo ‘Large Box’ section of our shop for more details.
Much care has been placed in the design of the Koh-Do boxes – all based on Japanese masterpieces. This echoes the importance the Japanese place on incense burning or ‘listening to incense’. Koh-Do is considered to be one of the ‘Geido’ or Fine Arts in Japanese culture, along with ‘Ikebana’ (flower arranging), ‘Shodo’ (Japanese calligraphy), ‘Sado’ (Japanese Tea ceremony), ‘Yakimono’ (Japanese pottery) and ‘Noh’ (traditional Japanese theatre).