Japanese Incense | Koh-Do | Kyoto (Floral Wood & Herbs) | 20 stick box | Low Smoke
Koh-Do* Incense – traditional high quality incense, made by Nippon Kodo, in small, affordable and attractive boxes.
This incense is a complex one, built upon a Sandalwood base, giving it soft woody top notes. Alongside are floral ingredients such as Lily of the Valley, Rose and Jasmine join with additional woody notes from Hinoki (Japanese Cypress). This, low smoke incense, delivers a complex aroma which has an air of calm and serenity.
Key words: Warmth and Wellbeing
- Approx. 20 Incense sticks per box, brown in colour
- Each is approx. 142mm long – just over 5.5 inches
- Burn time is approx. 30minutes per stick
- Low smoke incense
- Box features Traditional Japanese Art
- Also available in a large box format – see below
- Incense made by Nippon Kodo in Japan
This fragrance (Kyoto - Floral Wood & Herbs) is also available in a large box of 430 sticks Japanese Incense Sticks | Nippon Kodo | Meikoh Shibayama | 430 Sticks | Low Smoke - also stocked by Vectis Karma. See Nippon Kodo ‘Large Box’ section of the shop for more details.
* Koh-Do incense offers an ideal introduction into the world of Japanese Incense, and an ideal choice for those wanting to try new fragrances before purchasing a large box. Using Nippon Kodo incense, each Koh-Do box is ‘linked’ to a large box – varying in quantity from 220 to 480 depending on fragrance. See the Nippon Kodo ‘Large Box’ section of the shop for more details.
Much care has been placed in the design of the Koh-Do boxes – all based on Japanese masterpieces. This echoes the importance the Japanese place on incense burning or ‘listening to incense’. Koh-Do is considered to be one of the ‘Geido’ or Fine Arts in Japanese culture, along with ‘Ikebana’ (flower arranging), ‘Shodo’ (Japanese calligraphy), ‘Sado’ (Japanese Tea ceremony), ‘Yakimono’ (Japanese pottery) and ‘Noh’ (traditional Japanese theatre).