|Japanese Teacups Asagao - set of 4 cups
A set of four Asagao (Morning Glory) themed Japanese Teacups. The perfect accompaniment to the Japanese 'yokode kyūsu' - traditional Japanese Teapot with a side handle - painted with the same Asagao theme and designed specifically for Green Tea.
These Teacups are in the Japanese 'Chawan' style, meaning 'Tea Bowl' - a bowl/cup without handles which is generally wider than it is tall. This encourages the more rapid cooling of the Tea, so it can be enjoyed more quickly.
Morning Glory originates in China and was taken to Japan for the first time around the 10th Century CE. Historically used for medicinal purposes, the Asagao/Morning Glory flower is symbolic of Summertime in Japan.
* Japanese Teacups differ from those from China, primarily in their size - Japanese cups being larger. Typically Chinese Teacups are smaller in size and capacity.
- A set of Four Japanese Teacups
- 'Chawan' style - wider than tall - each cup is:
- Approx. 90mm in diameter - just over 3 inches
- Approx. 50mm tall - just under 2 inches
- 100ml+ capacity *
- Ceramic, Hand-painted and finished
- Made in Japan
✔ Secure Credit Card Payments using PayPal
✔ Order before 12 noon for same day despatch
✔ Free UK Delivery on all orders
✔ Need help? email: firstname.lastname@example.org