Chopsticks | 5 pairs | Dark Brown | Wooden
Pack of 5 (five) pairs of wooden Chopsticks. Dark brown in colour, there is also good texture/definition with the wood - making them very attractive.
- Size is approx. 225mm long - just under 9.0 inches
- 5 pairs, on cardboard backing
- Made in China
Chopsticks are the traditional eating utensils of various East Asian countries including China, Japan, Korea, Indonesia and Vietnam. They are also used in Tibet and Nepal by the Chinese Han populations living there.
The Chinese term for chopsticks is 'kuaizi' and they are made from a variety of materials including wood (especially bamboo), plastic, melamine and some metals.
Rules, guidelines or the etiquette of using chopsticks does vary in the fine detail from country to country - but there are a number of points which are 'good everywhere'. These include:
- It is poor etiquette to tap chopsticks on the edge of one's bowl to gain attention
- It is impolite to spear food with a chopstick - use a spoon for difficult items
- It is considered poor etiquette to point rested chopsticks towards others seated at the table
- Chopsticks should not be left vertically stuck into a bowl of rice as this is done in many funeral rituals
- When finished with, leave on a chopstick rest or horizontally on the plate/bowl - tips pointing left
Chopsticks and Chopstick rests and are an essential part of a table setting for any authentic Chinese (and/or Japanese) meal. You'll find a broad range of Chopsticks and Chopstick rests in the Vectis Karma online store, both Chinese and Japanese - please see below and search.
Karen @ Vectis Karma says "These chopsticks taper down to a very fine point or tip - making them very elegant - and they have a gorgeous colour/texture about them."