Chopsticks | 1 pair | Red lacquered Bamboo | Chinese
These sticks finished with a Red lacquer, are light and have a rounded finish to the 'handle' end.
- Size is approx. 225mm long - just under 9 inches
- Glossy, smooth and round finish
- Also available in Black
- Ships in sealed, cellophane bag
- Made in China
Chopsticks are the traditional eating utensils of various East Asian countries including China, Japan, Korea, Indonesia
and Vietnam. They are also used in Tibet and Nepal by the Chinese Han populations living there.
The Chinese term for chopsticks is '
kuaizi' and they are made from a variety of materials including wood (especially bamboo), plastic, melamine and some metals.
guidlines or the etiquette of using chopsticks does vary in the fine detail from country to country - but there are a number of points which are 'good everywhere'. These include:
- It is poor etiquette to tap chopsticks on the edge of one's bowl to gain attention
- It is impolite to spear food with a chopstick - use a spoon for difficult items
- It is considered poor etiquette to point rested chopsticks towards others seated at the table
- Chopsticks should not be left vertically stuck into a bowl of rice as this is done in many funeral rituals
- When finished with, leave on a chopstick rest or horizontally on the plate/bowl - tips pointing left
Chopsticks and Chopstick rests and
are an essential part of a table setting for any authentic Chinese (and/or Japanese) meal. You'll find a broad range of Chopsticks and Chopstick rests in the Vectis Karma online store, both Chinese and Japanese - please see below and search.
✔ Secure Credit Card Payments using PayPal
✔ Order before 12 noon for same day despatch
✔ Free UK Delivery on all orders
✔ Need help? email: email@example.com