Japanese Incense | Koh-Do | Santal Blanc (White Sandalwood) | 20 Stick Box
Koh-Do* Incense – traditional high quality incense, made by Nippon Kodo, in small, affordable and attractive boxes.
The Sandalwood tree is sacred to Buddhists and other Eastern religions. The perfume given off by its aromatic wood has the virtue of relaxing the body and calming down the mind. It induces spirituality and withdrawal. Any occasion is good to use it, but especially helps internal development and study.
This White Sandalwood incense has a soft and sweetish woody aroma.
Key Words: Calm and Rest
- Approx. 20 Incense sticks per box, green in colour
- Each is approx. 141mm long – approx. 5.5 inches
- Burn time is approx. 30 minutes per stick
- Box features Traditional Japanese Art
- Box dimensions are approx. 170mm (L), 42mm (W) and 12mm (D)
- Also available in a large box format – see below
- Incense made by Nippon Kodo in Hong Kong
This fragrance (White Sandalwood) is also available in a large box of 430 sticks – Japanese Incense Sticks | Nippon Kodo | Eiju White Sandalwood | 430 Sticks - also stocked by Vectis Karma. See Nippon Kodo ‘Large Box’ section of the shop for more details.
* Koh-Do incense offers an ideal introduction into the world of Japanese Incense, and an ideal choice for those wanting to try new fragrances before purchasing a large box. Using Nippon Kodo incense, each Koh-Do box is ‘linked’ to a large box – varying in quantity from 220 to 480 depending on fragrance. See the Nippon Kodo ‘Large Box’ section of our shop for more details.
Much care has been placed in the design of the Koh-Do boxes – all based on Japanese masterpieces. This echoes the importance the Japanese place on incense burning or ‘listening to incense’. Koh-Do is considered to be one of the‘Geido’ or Fine Arts in Japanese culture, along with ‘Ikebana’ (flower arranging), ‘Shodo’(Japanese calligraphy), ‘Sado’ (Japanese Tea ceremony), ‘Yakimono’ (Japanese pottery) and ‘Noh’ (traditional Japanese theatre).