Oedo Koh** – The rich translation of Incense craft and the art of the perfumer, weaving the fragrance and ambiance of old Edo (Japanese capital city 1603-1868).
Oedo Koh Water Drop or Yuya no Shizuku – This fragrance has the warmth and glow of the moment you step out of the bath. Beyond the warmth and comforting
notes you’ll also get fresh and clean – all achieved through a complex blend of delicate plant ingredients.
In the Edo
Period people didn’t have baths at home, and around 600 public bathhouses were built in Edo to meet demand. At first, they were steam baths, then large bathtubs were developed. As all were naked and people commingled without regard for age, gender or rank, the bathhouse was an egalitarian place.
- 60 Incense Sticks per box
- Burn time is approx. 12 minutes per stick
- Clean burning – no bamboo core
- Each stick is 56mm long (2.25 inches)
- Net weight of incense per box is 10 grams
- Box size is 102mm (L), 67mm (W) and 20mm (D)
- Paulownia wood
coloured outer box sleeve and leaflet
- A special, low profile, Tin Incense stick holder is included
- This is a fine, delicate and special incense
- There are 6 fragrances/blends in the Oedo Koh series*
- Made in Japan
* The 6 Fragrances in the Oedo Koh series
are: Aloeswood, Cherry Blossoms, Chrysanthemum, Peony Tree, Pine Tree and Water Drop. Please follow the links to see further details of each item in the Oedo Koh series.
**Oedo Koh - This series was created by master incense artisans in Tokyo to express the fragrant atmosphere of old Edo. The culture of Edo (the old name of Tokyo) was a playful and stylish one, born out of a marriage of the elegant and the common, the refined and the
coarse. People enjoyed the four seasons, treasured their friends and
neighbours, and lived lives brimming with vitality.
The main features of the Oedo Koh series:
Karen @ Vectis Karma says: "Oedo-Koh sticks may be short, but they deliver supreme aromas across the range of 6 fragrances. The whole package (Sticks, Incense stick holder, Paulownia woo box, card wrapper, art work & leaflet) make a really special gift. This is very fine Japanese Incense."
- High-Quality Japanese Incense - Complex blends, handcrafted and traditional.
- Special packaging – Paulownia Wood Box inside luxurious Japanese card, featuring finely patterned and textured finishes.
- Each box ships with an Incense Stick Holder made of Tin. This was the
favoured metal of the upper classes during the Edo period in Japan (1603-1868). This can be washed and will last a long time.
- Each box contains an explanatory leaflet – a nice souvenir gift featuring Japanese Ukiyo-e art work
✔ Secure Credit Card Payments using PayPal
✔ Order before 12 noon for same day despatch
✔ Free UK Delivery on all orders
✔ Need help? email: email@example.com