Oedo Koh** – The rich translation of Incense craft and the art of the perfumer, weaving the fragrance and ambiance of old Edo (Japanese capital city 1603-1868).
Oedo Koh Chrysanthemum or Choju-Kikka – A floral fragrance, which is smooth, refreshing and invigorating.
The gardeners of Komagome and Sugamo near Edo are said to have sparked the chrysanthemum craze of the Edo era. Fond of the fancy and spectacular, Edo dwellers loved the beautiful and fragrant flowers, which were displayed or fashioned into various shapes. Chrysanthemums were believed since ancient times to prolong life, and during the Edo Period the Chrysanthemum Festival became a yearly event where people drank chrysanthemum sake infused with medicinal blossoms.
Burning, or ‘listening to’ Chrysanthemum fragrance incense is perfect for times you are studying, working or engaging in creative activities. You should notice uplifting tones and attributes that will help improve results!
- 60 Incense Sticks per box
- Burn time is approx. 12 minutes per stick
- Clean burning – no bamboo core
- Each sticks is 56mm long (2.25 inches)
- Net weight of incense per box is 10 grams
- Box size is 102mm (L), 67mm (W) and 20mm (D)
- Paulownia wood box, coloured outer box sleeve and leaflet
- A special, low profile, Tin Incense holder is included
- This is a fine, delicate and special incense
- There are 6 fragrances/blends in the Oedo Koh series*
- Made in Japan
* The 6 Fragrances in the Oedo Koh series are: Aloeswood, Cherry Blossoms, Chrysanthemum, Peony Tree, Pine Tree and Water Drop. Please follow the links to see further details of each item in the Oedo Koh series.
**Oedo Koh - This series was created by master incense artisans in Tokyo to express the fragrant atmosphere of old Edo. The culture of Edo (the old name of Tokyo) was a playful and stylish one, born out of a marriage of the elegant and the common, the refined and the coarse. People enjoyed the four seasons, treasured their friends and neighbours, and lived lives brimming with vitality.
The main features of the Oedo Koh series:
Karen @ Vectis Karma says: "Oedo-Koh sticks may be short, but they deliver supreme aromas across the range of 6 fragrances. The whole package (Sticks, Incense stick holder, Paulownia wood box, card wrapper, art work & leaflet) make a really special gift. This is very fine Japanese Incense."
- High Quality Japanese Incense - Complex blends, hand crafted and traditional.
- Special packaging – Paulownia Wood Box inside luxurious Japanese card, featuring finely patterned and textured finishes.
- Each box ships with an Incense Stick Holder made of Tin. This was the favoured metal of the upper classes during the Edo period in Japan (1603-1868). This can be washed and will last a long time.
- Each box contains an explanatory leaflet – a nice souvenir gift featuring Japanese Ukiyo-e art work
✔ Secure Credit Card Payments using PayPal
✔ Order before 12 noon for same day despatch
✔ Free UK Delivery on all orders
✔ Need help? email: email@example.com