Edonishiki Tsuya - a large of box approx. 220 sticks - enjoy the fragrance of Edo Japan
Edonishiki Tsuya Incense is a high-quality Japanese Incense developed to represent the gentle and soft fragrances associated with the Edo period of Japan (1603 CE to 1868 CE) famous for Samurai warriors. This was founded by Tokugawa Ieyasu, so this time is also known as the Edo Tokugawa period.
The fragrance from this Incense is soft and sweet, with the prime ingredients of vanilla and cloves shining through. Japanese Sumo wrestlers use a special wax in their hair known as Bintsuke abura. The fragrance of this sweet-smelling wax was the inspiration for this Incense. If you ever pass by a Sumo wrestler, you'll be sure to notice this!
The light smoke generated by these sticks is indicative of the high-quality charcoal used in the combustible base mix, which in no way inhibits or taints the fragrance. There is a lot to 'listen' to when burning these sticks, which also have great throw for such a delicate fragrance.
The box features another important cultural element from Edo Japan - Edo Komon. This is where a single traditional Japanese pattern is repeated many times. In samurai society, people pursued colour and patterns that represented strength and self-confidence. Edonishiki Tsuya boxes have a lovely pink coloured, flower-shaped pattern.
In Japanese, 'Tsuya' means glossy - another reminder of the sumo wrestlers hair wax. Hopefully, you'll see in both the fragrance and box design this is a worthy name for this wonderful Incense package.
- Approx. 220 Incense sticks per box, Brown in
- Each is approx. 140mm long – approx. 5.5 inches
- Burn time is approx. 25 minutes per stick - with Light Smoke
- The gross weight of the box is approx. 133 grams
- The net weight of the Incense is approx. 90 grams
- This glossy box features a distinct Pink Edo Kumon design, with a bold White block with gold coloured Japanese Kanji characters
- Box dimensions are approx. 155mm (L), 75mm (W) and 35mm (D)
- Made in Japan by Nippon Kodo
Also, see Edonishiki Iki, another Edo fragrance in this range
✔ Secure Credit Card Payments using PayPal
✔ Order before 12 noon for same day despatch
✔ Free 1st Class Delivery on all UK orders
✔ Need help? email: firstname.lastname@example.org