Chopsticks | 5 pair pack | Boxed | Tokyo style | Japanese
A black, lidded box containing 5 pairs of wooden (bamboo) Japanese Chopsticks. The sticks are all plain wood (no painting) - and come in a range of colours (each pair is different).
The Japanese word for chopsticks is 'hashi' - or 'otemoto' are made from a variety of materials including wood (especially bamboo) and usually have a finer tips or points to the sticks than those from China.
- Size is approx. 225mm long - just under 9 inches
- 5 Pairs - Black, Ivory, Light Brown, mid-brown plain and mid-brown with grain
- Each pair is labeled and held together with a wrap of paper
- Ships in lidded box - making an ideal and special gift
- Made in Japan
Chopsticks are the traditional eating utensils of various East Asian countries including China, Japan, Korea, Indonesia and Vietnam. They are also used in Tibet and Nepal by the Chinese Han populations living there.
Rules, guidlines or the etiquette of using chopsticks does vary in the fine detail from country to country - but there are a number of points which are 'good everywhere'. These include:
- It is poor etiquette to tap chopsticks on the edge of one's bowl to gain attention
- It is impolite to spear food with a chopstick - use a spoon for difficult items
- It is considered poor etiquette to point rested chopsticks towards others seated at the table
- Chopsticks should not be left vertically stuck into a bowl of rice as this is done in many funeral rituals
- When finished with, leave on a chopstick rest or horizontally on the plate/bowl - tips pointing left
Chopsticks and Chopstick rests and are an essential part of a table setting for any authentic Chinese (and/or Japanese) meal. You'll find a broad range of Chopsticks and Chopstick rests in the Vectis Karma online store, both Chinese and Japanese - please see below or search.
✔ Secure Credit Card Payments using PayPal
✔ Order before 12 noon for same day despatch
✔ Free UK Delivery on all orders
✔ Need help? email: email@example.com